Recycler or Processor
Under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) program, there are opportunities for recyclers and primary processors to partner with Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) in the diversion of end-of-life electronics.
To ensure the highest level of performance and compliance in the handling of end-of-life electronics, OES along with ACES, ESABC, SWEEP and EPSC has recently undertaken a review and revision of the Electronics Recycling Standard (ERS). This process was undertaken to better reflect our program’s requirements for Approved Primary Processors and to incorporate the ERS into a broader Recycler Qualification Program (RQP) to better assist recyclers in understanding these requirements.
If you would like to be a partner with OES and wish to become an OES-Approved Primary Processor ("Processor") please contact the Recycling Qualification Office (RQP) at email@example.com. This office has a mandate to oversee the ERS audit and application process in a harmonious way among all provincial WEEE programs including OES, ACES, ESABC, SWEEP and EPSC.
Please continue to monitor the EPSC website on a regular basis for updates, and direction to training documents and other associated materials.
- Visit www.rqp.ca to download a Recycler Application Form or to learn about the program including audit protocols.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to advise OES of your RQP audit results
- Complete documentation provided by OES
- Enter into a contract with OES
Approved Processors can participate in the:
- Processor Incentive Program: review the Processor Incentive (PI) Guidebook for more information on this option.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Option: Processors are eligible to receive OES-collected WEEE by submitting a bid through an OES issued Request for Proposal (RFP). From time to time the RFP option will be available to approved Processors.
- IC&I Steward Self-Managed WEEE: Stewards who self-manage (recycle) their e-waste can partner with OES-Approved Primary Processors. Under this option, an incentive will not be available to the primary processor. To learn more about the Steward Self-Manage option, please email: email@example.com.
The following are OES-approved processors (contact information).
- ADL Process Inc.
- Artex Environmental
- e-Cycle Solutions
- Electro-Shred Ltd.
- Evolu-TIC Outaouais
- FCM Recycling Inc.
- GEEP – Global Electric Electronic Processing
- La Relance Outaouais
- Mida International
- Shift Recycling Inc.
- Sims Recycling Solutions
- Target Recycling Services Inc.