OES-Approved Collectors: Sites and Event Hosts
and trusted partners
in ewaste diversion
Collectors in the OES program are private, municipal or non-profit organizations that agree to accept—on OES's behalf—used or end-of-life electronics for safe, secure disposal throughout Ontario.
Collection events are a great way to:
- help to divert electronic waste from landfill and ensure responsible recycling
- raise funds for local 'green' initiatives and community organizations such as youth groups, sports teams and other worthy causes, and
- raise visibility of community-minded businesses and organizations that are willing to donate their time and facility to host an event
To participate in the program, sites must meet OES’s Collection criteria, and accept some, if not all, program materials without excluding any brands.
OES-Approved Collection Sites are eligible for:
- promotion and education materials
- a collection incentive for each tonne of material collected
- packaging materials and transportation (see order forms above right)
- a listing on www.recycleyourelectronics.ca; an interactive website that helps the public find locations for their unwanted electronics around the province.
Ready to participate?
OES has different requirements for non-municipal and municipal collection sites. Please review the appropriate checklist below to ensure that your facility can meet the requirements:
- Non-Municipal Collection Site Checklist
- Municipal Collection Site Checklist
- Municipal WEEE Roll-off Collection Site Checklist
- Sample Collection Site Operators Agreement - August 2012
- Collection Site Manual - revised November 2012
After you have completed registration application, you will be contacted by an OES representative to arrange a site visit. For more information on how to register, please review Apply and Register.