OES Program Update
Ontario Electronic Stewardship is in the process of developing and putting in place the key features that will contribute to a successful launch of this program in April, 2009. Over the coming days and weeks, stakeholders of this program are encouraged to stay tuned to the OES website (www.ontarioelectronicstewardship.ca) to keep abreast of activities and initiatives related to program development. The Bits and Bytes newsletter will also provide targeted information about key developments as they occur. Some of the most recent or upcoming initiatives include:
- development and launch of a new Application and Registration System for obligated companies (“stewards”) and service providers (details provided below)
- first briefing meeting for WEEE recyclers
- upcoming webinar meetings for WEEE collectors, reuse and refurbishers and a second webinar for recyclers
- relaunch of an updated and expanded program website.
OES looks forward to working with program stakeholders through the development of the program and welcomes your questions and comments. The next Bits and Bytes newsletter will provide a summary of key dates including future webcasts and consultation dates on the Phase 2 WEEE Plan development. For further information or questions, please email: email@example.com.
OES Launches Application and Registration for Stewards and Service Providers
Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) has launched its Application and Registration System which is available online for Stewards and Service Providers. This system allows companies to apply to become an OES-approved Service Provider and is the site for all obligated companies to register as Stewards of WEEE. By registering with this system, stakeholders will also be sure to stay connected with OES news and program developments as they arise.
The OES Application and Registration System:
- Allows prospective WEEE primary recyclers to register and complete the online Electronic Recycling Standard application.
- Allows interested organizations to complete an application to become an OES approved collection site for WEEE.
- Is the online application form for companies that are interested in providing additional reuse and refurbishment services as outlined in the WEEE Program Plan.
- Is the registration form for Stewards of Phase 1 WEEE including Brand Owners, First Importers and Assemblers. Completing this form enables Phase 1 WEEE Stewards to receive their Steward Number, login ID and password which are necessary to file a WEEE Steward’s Report as required in 2009.
- Provides a site for Stewards of Phase 2 WEEE to register and be added to the OES’ contact database that will allow OES to communicate with them about the Phase 2 Program Plan development process.
- Allows prospective companies that are interested in providing transportation and/or consolidation services as outlined in the WEEE Program Plan to register. This section is still under construction and companies who register as a potential OES approved Transporter/Consolidator will be requested to revisit this section as soon as it is completed.
To Use the OES Application and Registration System
Follow the steps below to complete an OES application or registration online.
- Click on https://mtsreg.oesdatasystem.ca/login.aspx
- Follow the instructions provided onscreen.
- To register to become an OES Service Provider or Steward of WEEE click on the <New Application for Registration> button. Companies need only complete this once.
- Complete the mandatory registration fields and self declare how you plan to apply (i.e. as a “Service Provider” (identifying each type(s) and /or as a “Steward” of WEEE). Please check all applicable fields for which you wish to register/apply. Keep your login email and password for future reference. Click on the <Create application> button (bottom right hand corner) to save and submit.
- The system will generate an application number for Service Providers and Stewards of WEEE. Stewards of WEEE will also receive an OES steward number Keep this information for your records. Read instructions on the application process and click on <Continue> to proceed to login and start the application process.
- Enter your email, password and newly created application number in required fields and click on the <Login> button.
- You are now logged in and can begin the application/registration process. All stakeholders must complete the “Application for Registration” and “Main Contact” pages. The system requires that data is entered in all fields with asterisks. Once complete, Click on Save & Continue.
- The tool bar at the top of the screen will display all applicable fields declared during the self declaration portion of the registration. Users can toggle between all applicable fields by clicking their mouse onto the tool bar.
- Service Providers – divided by subcategory, feature appropriate designation; a tab for collection site operators, primary recyclers, and refurbishers. Please complete all applicable and mandatory fields, click on <Save> and continue. Please remember to upload all required files when completing this section. OES will not review incomplete submissions.
- Stewards: Please click on the Stewards Tab page and complete all mandatory fields, click on <Save> and continue.
- All fields can be edited and saved until you are ready to submit the application as a Service Provider or registration as an OES Steward of WEEE.
- If you select “Transporter/Consolidator,” please note that this section is under construction. When this system is available, OES will email a notification of system launch to all transporters and consolidators who have requested to become an OES approved transporter/consolidator.
For information or assistance please call OES at 1-888-646-1820 and leave a voicemail message with a detailed question including your contact information; email and telephone number. An OES representative will get back to you within 1-2 business days. Please note that this line goes directly to voicemail.
© Ontario Electronic Stewardship