Accepted Electronics & Product Clarification
The Minister's Program Request Letter designated 44 items as obligated electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) under Regulation 393/04 to be managed by the Ontario Electronic Stewardship Program. For reporting efficiency, OES divided the 44 materials into eight categories with appropriate sub-categories as shown in Table 2.1 (extracted from the Program Plan, page 25).
Most of the obligated electronics are listed below, however a comprehensive list of product definitions, obligated electronics and material product clarification communicated to stewards/remitters/sub-remitters is available on the Electronic Products Recycling Association (EPRA) web site.
Phase 2 Products (items added to the program April 1, 2010)
- Computer peripherals including modems
- Floor standing printing devices including printers, photocopiers, multi-function devices
- Scanners, typewriters
- Telephones and answering machines
- Cellular phones and pagers
- Audio and video players and recorders (eg. MP3, cassette, digital)
- Cameras (web, digital, analog)
- Video players/projectors, digital frames
- Video recorders
- Personal hand held computers
The Revised (Phase 1 and 2) Program Plan and material definitions came into effect April 1, 2010. The Phase 1 material definitions commenced on April 1, 2009.
Phase 1 Products (effective April 1, 2009)
- Desktop computers
- Portable computers
- Computer peripherals (keyboards, mice, hard drives, optical drives - CD, Blueray, DVD, HD-DVD)
- Desktop printing devices including desktop copiers and multi-function devices
Note: Product clarification notices and Rules are archived in the right sidebar at the top this page.