Processor Incentive Program (PIP) Reform Consultation
To all approved processors and industry stakeholders:
Further to WDO’s release of the KPMG report on July 12th, 2012, OES is re-launching the Processor Incentive Program (“PIP”) Consultation which was put on hold in February, 2012 when the Ontario Minister of the Environment directed WDO on February 9th to review incentives through WDO-lead consultations which are now complete.
Processor Incentive Program Consultation - Background
From late December 2011 and up to February 2, 2012, OES actively solicited input on financial incentives paid to approved processors in PIP, from stewards, remitters and sub-remitters; OES-approved collectors, and; OES-approved processors. We thank all stakeholders who provided feedback and input on this matter at this time.
OES has concluded its Processor Incentive Program (PIP) Reform Consultation of August, 2012 with respect to PIP terms, rates, and reform, and with Waste Diversion Ontario (WDO) approval. After extensive consultation, a PIP Reform Summary has been prepared summarizing decisions, questions and comments received. Thank you to all processors and industry stakeholders for participating.
Key Meeting Dates (subject to change with notice)
- PIP Reform Process and Informational Webcast - Thursday, July 26, 2012 – 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET
- OES PIP discussion paper distributed and posted - Thursday, August 9, 2012
- Comment period closed - August 9, to August 31, 2012
- Proposed PIP Reform Consultation Meeting – Wednesday, August 15, 2012 – 11:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET
- Report on consultation results - September 28, 2012
- PIP contract renewal - October 1, 2012